- Local moves are on an hourly rate, so the more you
have done before the movers arrive, the more you
control the cost of the move.
- Intra and interstate moves are based on mileage,
weight, and any extra services required. Relocating is a good time for a yard sale. Why pay to
move items you no longer need?
- It is OK to leave light weight, non-breakable, non-
liquid items in dresser drawers. However, if a drawer
is too heavy, the whole piece could get damaged
- If you decide to pack your own "stuff," be sure to
place all heavy items, such as books, weights, rocks
and gold bouillon, in smaller boxes. Light, large
items, like your pillows, comforter's, lamp shades,
etc., should find their way into larger cartons.
- Pack all flat glassware on its sides as this will give
the items more strength.
- Open-top boxes do not stack or travel well and make
for a long day.
- Set aside essentials you will need during your move,
such as important papers, medications, clothes, pets.
If you tell a mover, "Everything goes," everything will go!
- Ladies, place your purse in a place you can find it.
Don't give it to your husband; chances are he'll put it
somewhere in a galaxy far, far away.
- Invest in a baby-sitter if you can,
moving can be dangerous and kids are usually first to
- Unhook and drain appliances if possible. Try to have
all laundry done before the day of the move.
- Know your new place! Have a general idea of where
furniture will go and be prepared for a lot of "Where
does this go?" Nothing will eat up time like 'just a little to the left...no, to the right...no, I want it back down stairs."
Moving can be one of the most stressful times in a person's life.
Allow us to shoulder the burden of your
move. Our experienced crew will help relieve the weight of relocating, so your moving experience can be truly moving!